Our modern equipment is designed to eliminate many of the damaging processes historically involved in printing. Plates are now output chemical free, the presses run with reduced alcohol and inks are vegetable based. We are certified with the Forest Stewardship Council and our paper is universally sourced from sustainable forests so our clients can be confident that printing with us is not costing the earth.
• All hazardous waste is collected by a registered waste carrier in compliance with Hazardous Waste Regulations (2005) the majority is recycled.
• All aluminium printing plates are recycled.
• All paper waste from production and office paper waste is recycled.
Lewis Printers also commit to:
• Ongoing compliance with all relevant national and international standards.
• Training staff to increase environmental awareness.
• Measurement and regular review of material usage.
• Ongoing reduction of the potential pollution hazard from site operations.
• Follow best practice in waste management and recycling.
• Implement energy reduction measures and regular review of energy usage.
• Make energy usage a key factor in investment decisions.
We are accredited to the Green Dragon Environmental standard – level 2